Thursday, January 14, 2010

Houston is NOT that bad!

I actually just moved to Abilene from the Houston area just a few months ago, and part of my job here is to help produce the evening newscasts.

Well, I couldn't help but noticing, just weeks after starting my job here, that NO good news ever comes out of Houston. I've been seeing that trend pretty much every day now.

Well I'm here to say, Houston is NOT that bad!! It's actually, in my opinion, the best city in the world!! You don't have to worry about getting shot going to the grocery store, or in your own driveway for that matter. I have spent about 80% of my life in Houston and I'm still alive....

I will say though, I went home last month in a plane, and as we approached the Houston area, there was like a black haze sitting right on top of the city. The skies were also like a blueish-grayish color. Sooo, the air quality in Houston is NOTHING like here in Abilene. :-)
I just love the deep blue skies here in the Big Country; simply gorgeous! And I haven't had ANY allergy problems so far....

But I hoped I have changed some minds about the image of Houston! Trust me, it's a fabulous city minus the air quality, lol.

Thanks for reading and watching :-)

1 comment: